With the complexities involved in running a business increasing with every passing day, the demand for corporate lawyers has also augmented substantially. Steven Rindner points out that these professionals may both serve as in-house or outside counsels, and largely aim at keeping their client companies out of any kind of legal trouble, and help them to circumvent problems. These attorneys also keep their clients up to date on new business laws and regulations. In many cases, they provide useful legal advice in regards to labor relations, employee contracts, tax issues, and contracts, to their clients as well. Mr. Rindner himself has been associated with the domain of corporate law for quite some time, and hence is well acquainted with the duties and responsibilities of such professionals.
No matter the size, sector, or scale of a business, their entrepreneurs would have to seek out the assistance of a good corporate lawyer in case they find themselves involved in a legal issue. According to Steven Rindnerin the last few years, there have been several controversies involving well-known companies, which ended up underlining the complex role of corporate lawyers in internal investigations of business organizations. While the key duties of these professionals largely include ensuring the legality of commercial transactions, as well as advising corporations on their legal rights and duties, they also help businesses in many other ways.
Mr. Rindner additionally points out that corporate lawyers often deal with potential legal matters even before they end up turning into contract disputes and costly litigation. They ideally aim at preventing problems before they even have the chance of arising, than to fight on those issues in the court of law. Steven Rindner himself has been practicing in the domain of corporate law for a while. He had completed his law education form St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., in the year 1992. His experience and knowledge in the field of law make him a good candidate to discuss the duties of corporate lawyers. According to him, their major duties included:
- They would be required to prepare the appropriate legal documents for their client company in the scenario of any trial or court proceedings.
- They would be responsible for evaluating any kind of new business partnerships of their clients, such as vendors and subcontractors.
- The corporate lawyers are the ones who represent the company in legal proceedings and fight the case on behalf of the entrepreneur or the company leadership team.
- These law professionals have to design and oversee the policy and position of a company on various legal matters.
- They are responsible for protecting the company against legal risks and violations.
- They tend to examine any kind of legal issues related to new products and services of the firm.
- These attorneys may even negotiate deals on behalf of the company.
In the majority of the cases, corporate attorneys are the ones who guide the management team of a business on diverse regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.